Selecting and implementing an EHR can be a challenging process. If you are just getting started – or are in the process of considering adopting an EHR, here are some resources to help ease the process.
Health IT and Meaningful Use:
- CMS Meaningful Use Incentive Program
- Questions about the process of receiving incentive payments for Meaningful Use? Check the CMS website for more information about the path to receiving payments
- Provider Eligibility for CMS Incentive Programs flowchart
- ONC Certified HIT Product List (CHPL)
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Final Rule (Objectives and Measures)
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet
- HIMSS offers the following information on the ROI for Health IT
- HHS: We Cant Wait – One-Page Fact Sheet on Health IT Adoption Progress
- Curious to see how close you are to achieving Meaningful Use? Try the CMS Meaningful Use Calculator
- M-CEITA Brochure
- Each state runs its own Medicaid Incentive program to administer CMS funds. For the State of Michigan’s program, visit the Michigan’s Medicaid Incentive Program website.
- Register for the CMS Medicare Incentive Program.
- Michigan Care Improvement Registry
Recent Publications on EHR adoption:
- Zlabek, J.A., Wickus, J.W., Mathiason, M.A. 2011. Case report: Early cost and safety benefits of an inpatient electronic health record. JAMIA 18:169-172. link to free full text article
- Høstgaard AM, Bertelsen P, Nøhr C. 2011. Methods to identify, study and understand end-user participation in HIT development. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 11:57. link to free full text article
- Denomme LB, Terry AL, Brown JB, Thind A, Stewart M. 2011.Primary health care teams’ experience of electronic medical record use after adoption. Fam Med. 43(9):638-42. link to free full text article
Looking for more specific information on M-CEITA or Meaningful Use? Check out the Benefits of Adopting EHRs.